The breast reduction is performed to disproportionally large, sagging breasts to improve the shape and often ease some physical discomfort. The core of the surgery is in removing the excess skin and tissue on the bottom part of the breast, further modelling, and positioning the nipple with the areola upwards. Also, the areola can be reduced. Lifting the whole breast up and reshaping the contour delivers a younger look.
Women who choose to undertake breast reduction at ISCARE clinic in Prague may also suffer from diseases related to larger breasts such as back pain or neck pain. Our qualified specialists in the field may help to treat these permanently. The patient can send photos in advance to get the first opinion from the doctor over the email, but it is always up to the actual personal consultation at our clinic to finalize the decision of how to approach the surgery. All the time, the patient’s wishes are heard and followed so that the final outcome is to full satisfaction of the client.
Prior to the breast reduction, there is a detailed discussion with the surgeon about which approach to take and what exactly you expect as an outcome. You will be informed about the surgery duration, possible risks and the postoperative care.
To book an appointment for a free consultation at our clinic, please call the following number: +420 720 069 955 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in the free form below.
Before the surgery the patient undertakes an examination by our internist (blood test, ECG, evaluation of health status). The whole operation takes approximately 3-4 hours and is done under general anesthesia. Since this is a large, significant surgery, which includes removing of the tissue, the hospitalization is normally 2 days. After the surgery it is very important to wear a support bra for 6 weeks. The patients experience some pain for a few days after the surgery, which is treated by medication. For 2 months, no exposure to solar radiation (no sun bathing or solarium) is allowed. The patients get back to their normal activities after approximately 2-month time.
- The incision is made around the areola and extended vertically in a shape of a keyhole. The excess skin and fat tissue are removed from the area of areola and both sides of the breast. All parts of the breast (nipple, areola, tissue) are placed in a higher position.
- An inverted T shape incision is made around the areola and down to the bottom part of the breast. The fat tissue and excess skin is removed and the nipple is placed in a higher position.
- Very little bleeding and swelling (lasts for aproximately 2 weeks)
- During the healing process the scars can slightly change color. This should fade out during time. Normally the scars stay visible for about a year
- As with any surgery, there is a risk of thrombosis
The cost of the breast reduction is £ 1.600. This is a final price and there are no additional costs.
Except the operation costs, the patient pays only £ 170 for pre-operational examination, £ 105 for each day at the clinic and £ 40 pounds for the support bra.
I agree with the processing of my personal data by submitting this form.